The SAMI training program is in it's final year of funding. We do apologize to all interested parties but we will not be holding any future competitions.
Watch SAMI PI and Training Director, Dr. Kwame McKenzie, talk about applying to SAMI.
We welcome applications from PhDs and MD’s with at least 3 years of research training/experience who have demonstrated interest in the social aetiology of mental illness. The minimum requirements to apply:
- Social and behavioral sciences (e.g., sociology, psychology, anthropology, economics, and geography)
- Health sciences (e.g., psychiatry, public health, nursing, and social work)
- Basic sciences (e.g., genetics and neurosciences, including neurobiology and brain imaging)
- Humanities (e.g., ethics, education, and philosophy)
- Other related disciplines
Applicants with existing funding, or who wish to fund themselves are also welcome to apply. Such applications will be reviewed separately from those applying for paid fellowships.
***Please note that fellows cannot be enrolled full time in an academic program during the 10-week didactic training course that begins the program.