The competition for the 2013-14 SAMI Fellowships is now closed. Please re-visit the website in the fall for details on the upcoming 2014-15 competition.
Watch SAMI PI and Training Director, Dr. Kwame McKenzie, talk about applying to SAMI.
We welcome applications from PhDs and MD’s with at least 3 years of research training/experience who have demonstrated interest in the social aetiology of mental illness. The minimum requirements to apply:
- Social and behavioral sciences (e.g., sociology, psychology, anthropology, economics, and geography)
- Health sciences (e.g., psychiatry, public health, nursing, and social work)
- Basic sciences (e.g., genetics and neurosciences, including neurobiology and brain imaging)
- Humanities (e.g., ethics, education, and philosophy)
- Other related disciplines
Applicants with existing funding, or who wish to fund themselves are also welcome to apply. Such applications will be reviewed separately from those applying for paid fellowships. How to Apply.
***Please note that fellows cannot be enrolled full time in an academic program during the 10-week didactic training course that begins the program.